35 Tips to become popular on youtube
We have been doing video blogs on youtube for arts and crafts for the past 4 years. during that time I have tried many things. No voice, voice no music, music, voice, God knows that some videos were hits others were a complete miss. But through the years I have learned many things that I think make a great youtube video and I want to share what I have learned with you. My husband and I have written a list of these to share with you.
- Do something no one has ever seen before.
- Have clear titles
- Have clear instructions
- Have good quality on your video, light, audio and or special effects
- Have a great format: Have great intro, titles, etc
- Have good keywords
- Be animated while you talk
- Be funny, cute, entertaining, informative and creative
- Have a set schedule post on. Thursdays seems to be the norm… never Sundays as folks are mostly out on that day
- Keep it short and sweet
- Have a nice voice over on your videos
- Use social services: twitter, Google plus, stumble upon, facebook, pinterest, blogger, and forums
- Put yourself in the shoes of the viewers
- Use suggested tags from YouTube
- Thank the people that subscribe to you and subscribe to them to see what they see.
- Change titles and keywords on the videos depending on the season
- Thank users when you reach a milestone
- Have contests thanking subscribers for their support
- Interact with your users, reply to their comments and questions, never leave them hanging.
- Call to action: Ask people to rate, share, comment, and subscribe
- Look at what is popular: https://ads.youtube.com/keyword_tool
- Know your competition. See what they do right and what you can improve upon.
- Ignore and delete bad comments
- Have other YouTubers as your mentors and partners
- Look at your stats and see what works and make more of it
- Use annotations, video improvement and subtitle tools provided by youtube where needed
- Connect with other bloggers so they will put your content on their site
- Have a brand that can be recognized / logo / attitude
- Have a customize channel / banner
- have thumbnails that represent you and your videos
- Organize your content into lists to make it easy for people to find your content.
- Don’t post a lot of videos at once.